Rainy Thoughts: 2018 Year in Review

It is actually a pretty cold day here in South Texas. I'm currently lounging around my home in joggers and a Golden Girls shirt I made my senior year of high school. Today is going pretty great until I inevitably have to go to the grocery store. Anyways, I've been seeing some other bloggers write their reflections for the 2018 year, so thought it was time to do mine. As I reflect on this year's things, I can't help but feel like I'm a little, excuse my French, badass.


I would say that this year has definitely been my year. My year of being bold and taking control of what I want to do in my life. Of course, I had my downs as much as I had my ups, but I feel like I came out conquering and fighting the demons. Here is my year in review for 2018!

Side Note: I wrote about most of this stuff in my Rainy Thoughts segment of my blog, so these are just small tidbits.





Getting Laid Off


At first, I felt that this was a little embarrassing to talk about, but now I know that when I talk about it, I'm not the only one. Of course, I was upset and felt that I was a failure, but in truth, God had other plans for me. I moved back to my hometown about a month later, so I knew that it was just a sign.


Moving Back Home

This is something I'm so happy that I did. I moved to a different town for 2 and half years and I was plain homesick for the majority of the time. I am very happy that I was able to move back and be part of my family and friend's life again.


Getting Married

After about 2 and a half years in the making, my day finally came. I got married and it was perfectly imperfect and I loved every second of it. Sure, I was exhausted at the end, but it was definitely worth every penny that my husband and I saved and I couldn't have asked for anything more 💙 You can read more about my wedding in my previous post.

Dream Vacation 

I had my dream honeymoon destination in Japan this year. Let me tell you, realizing that you are on the other side of the world is incredible. I definitely fell IN LOVE with Japan and it really opened my eyes to travel. You can read all about it on my post about falling in love with Japan.



My Best Friend Got Married!

Yep, my best friend and I got married the same year, just 1 month apart. And yes, I cried like a baby. I'm so happy for her and even though we're both married, we'll always hold a special place in each other's hearts. She is actually the person I talk about in my post about dating your best friend. 



Getting a Job in With My Degree

Yes, the laid-off story does have a happy ending. I did find a full-time job that actually incorporates my Associates and Bachelors degree and I couldn't feel more fulfilled by that. I think just having a secure job just makes me feel happy though.


Starting Lyra Classes

Lrya, or better known as the Aerial Hoop, is something that I have been wanting to do for a while and I finally just took a chance and went on with it.



The Inevitables

One of my biggest accomplishments this year was finishing up my first self-published book, The Inevitables. It was a book that I worked months on and I am happy to say that you now buy it on Amazon. Feel free to also visit my author site to receive some monthly updates!



Looking Towards the Future

There were so many other wonderful things that happened this year, but this was just some of my highlights. As the 2018 year is coming to a close, I can't help but get excited for the new year. I have so much planned for 2019, including another international trip, working on another book, working on creating new videos for YouTube, buying a house, and making lots of new memories with all my family and friends. 

Cheers to a New Year!

What plans do you have for the new year? Let me know in the comments below!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Book Review: Rounding Home by Sarah Swindell

Manga Review: Rurouni Kenshin