Rainy Thoughts: Quarantine Life Week 1

Hey everyone! I hope you are doing well, in spite of everything going on. I felt like maybe I could talk about my quarantine experience as everyone else seems to be doing now-a-days. But somehow, hearing people's different experiences, makes me feel a little less alone with my feelings, so maybe that my blog post will be just that for you. 


So, I live in Texas. As of the time of this blog posting, we are not on a state-mandated stay-at-home quarantine. Our Governor is leaving that up to each individual city and my city, San Antonio, has decided to do a quarantine, but I don't think it's as restrictive as some other places such as California and New York. Only essential places can be open, but I feel that those "essential" businesses are pretty broad. We have only had this mandate for a week now, so we'll see if our quarantine will go any deeper. Anyways, it was my first full week of full quarantine life and these are my thoughts.

On one hand, I enjoy working from home and being home in general. I feel like cutting my time of commuting has left me and my husband time to do things around the house,  getting more exercise in because I'm not as frantic with the time and enjoy cooking a little more again because of the time thing. It's nice. I also have time to read, write my second book, write on my blog, play the new Animal Crossing and just have time for the little things again.

On the other hand, I miss the normalcy of everything. I work for the San Antonio River Walk Association and our offices are located in the heart of downtown that relies heavily on tourism. It's really sad to see all the people that we work with on a daily basis, have to shut down with the unknown of when and even how they would come back up. It's also just weird to me see everything so dead. I enjoy my nights in with movies and video games, but I also like to occasionally go out and dance and eat at restaurants and go on Target runs for fun. I miss that. I miss Target. I also don't like this uncertainty of when things will go back to normal. My husband's family lives in a different city and we have had to cancel our plans to see them and we really do miss seeing them, but don't know when we can see them again.

It really feels surreal that we're living in a time like this. A time where everything feels like it has stopped. Time has stopped in a way. I'm just ready for the time when this is over and we can all enjoy each other's company once again.

Well, I don't know if  I will be reporting back my thoughts each week, but definitely wanted to write down everything at least once. But I do have quite a few book reviews coming up in April so stay tuned for those! Until next time, Happy Reading and doing all the little things!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Manga Review: Rurouni Kenshin

Book Review: Rounding Home by Sarah Swindell