A Hope Harbor Novel, Book 5 by
Genre: Contemporary / Christian / Romance
Date of Publication: April 2, 2019
Number of Pages: 368
Scroll down for Giveaway!
After tragedy upends her world, Jeannette Mason retreats to the tiny Oregon seaside town of Hope Harbor to create a new life. Vowing to avoid emotional attachments, she focuses on running her lavender farm and tea-room—until a new neighbor with a destructive dog and a forlorn little girl invades her turf. But she needn’t worry. Dr. Logan West is too busy coping with an unexpected family, a radical lifestyle change, and an unruly pup to have any interest in his aloof and disagreeable neighbor.
Yet when both Jeanette and Logan find themselves pulled into the life of a tattered Christian family fleeing persecution in war-torn Syria, might they discover that love sometimes comes calling when it’s least expected?
Bestselling and award-winning author Irene Hannon invites readers back to the charming seaside town of Hope Harbor, where they are sure to find peace, healing, and a second chance at happiness.
The heroine in Driftwood Bayoperates Bayview Lavender Farm and Tearoom, so Irene Hannon thought it would be fun to share five fun facts about lavender and tea.
Let’s start with tea!
1. Afternoon tea, introduced in the 1840s by the seventh duchess of Bedford, involves finger sandwiches and cakes. It is notthe same as high tea, which features much heartier fare and is served as the main meal of the day for the working class.
2. The top tea drinking country per capita isn’t the UK. It’s Turkey, followed by Ireland. The UK is #3
3. After water, tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world.
4. All tea originates from the same plant—Camellia sinensis. The differences comes from how the leaves are treated after harvest.
5. The most expensive tea in the world is Tieguanyin at $1,500 per pound!
On to lavender!
1. Lavender is in the mint family.
2. Most lavender plants are in the blue/purple spectrum, but some varieties are yellow and pink.
3. Lavender can be used for many things, including an ingredient in recipes, insect repellant, aromatherapy, perfume, and cosmetics.
4. Queen Victoria loved the scent of lavender and had all of her furniture polished with a lavender-based solution.
5. There are 39 species of lavender, and 400 varieties.
Irene Hannon is the bestselling author of more than fifty novels, including One Perfect Spring, Hope Harbor, Sea Rose Lane, Sandpiper Cove, and Pelican Point, as well as Dangerous Illusions and the Private Justice and Men of Valor suspense series. Her books have been honored with three coveted RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America, and she is a member of that organization’s elite Hall of Fame. Her many other awards include National Readers’ Choice, Daphne du Maurier, Retailers’ Choice, Booksellers’ Best, Carols, and Reviewers’ Choice from RT Book Reviews magazine, which also honored her with a Career Achievement award for her entire body of work. In addition, she is a two-time Christy Award finalist.
GIVEAWAY! GIVEAWAY! GIVEAWAY!
A Copy of Driftwood Bay + Oregon Coast RainGlobe
A Copy of Driftwood Bay + Book Lover’s Coffee Mug
A Copy of Driftwood Bay + $10 Starbucks Gift Card
April 2-12, 2019
CHECK OUT THE OTHER GREAT BLOGS ON THE TOUR:
Top Ten List
blog tour services provided by: