Rainy Thoughts: Homesick

Hello everyone! I have been so busy recently. I am a senior in college and I've been working on senior projects and what not. I feel like it's been a while since I wrote, but I know it's only been a little less than a month. I have been reading a book, but I have been reading it slowly, because it's for class. Once I finish that, I will write a proper review. Since I don't think I'm going to be able to finish and put up a good review on the book until the end of the month/next month, I thought of maybe introducing a new every now and then series called Rainy Thoughts, so here it is!


Homesick


So if you don't know me, I moved to a different city about a year and a half ago, partly for school, mainly for my now fiance (we get married next year!). Leaving home didn't seem like it was going to be a hard decision, but when it got closer, it became so hard. Now, I just started spring break, and besides going to work and school, I don't really have friends here who want to hang out with me outside of school and work. When I first got here, the first job I had, I made some nice friends who I hung out with. Now, I'm in a manager position at a different job, so I don't really hang out with my coworkers, and my friends from my old job don't communicate with me much. Maybe I should call them up...anyways, I find myself homesick often. At my second job, I freelance, so I don't communicate with people often, unless I'm asking them questions, which is all just business. 

Being homesick sucks. You constantly find things to distract yourself with so that you don't feel it. I know I read, write this blog, do word finds, scrapbook and DIY stuff, which I never really did until I got here, now I'm all over making my own random cards for people back home. I watch Judge Judy, and I go to stores to help me take my mind off stuff like that. But here I am, writing about being homesick. 

Hopefully we can move in a couple of years. I thought about it, even if I got my dream job here, I would still want to move back home. I miss my friends, I miss my family, I miss spending time with my grandma and grandpa because who knows when they'll pass, I miss watching my nephews and cousins grow up. I don't miss the humidity. I miss the people in the home in my heart.

Not going to lie, there are times that I'm glad that I'm away from everyone. That I'm away from family drama, drama in general, and I'm out finding new adventures and being able to experience a different way of life. Being away from home has made me more independent and has made me feel like I need to work harder. I have also become a great cook! I like my chill days with my fiance and our cat. I enjoy being, in what feels like a small world with my fiance. Being able to be away from our family has strengthened us and helped us grow a kind of bond that only people that live away there families might know. He likes being away from home too, though, I think he misses his home too every now and then, even if he denies it. It's nice to be away for a while, but it's always nice to come home. 


(If you haven't heard of Jack Johnson, he will definitely mellow you out and he's a pretty cool guy)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Book Review: Rounding Home by Sarah Swindell

Manga Review: Rurouni Kenshin