Book Talk | Finger Lickin' Fifteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel

Hey Ya'll! I'm back with another Stephanie Plum novel. It's been almost a year since I read my last one. So many books, so little time. But I had an itch for my favorite bounty-hunter, so I grabbed the next book on the list and dove right back into the world of Stephanie and her bounty hunter life in Trenton, New Jersey.

*Side Note: I'm also excited to go to Jersey next year and I will be checking to see if there is a Plum tour of sorts! 

 About the Author

Janet Evanovich is an American writer. She began her career writing short contemporary romance novels under the pen name Steffie Hall, but gained fame authoring a series of contemporary mysteries featuring Stephanie Plum, a former lingerie buyer from Trenton, New Jersey, who becomes a bounty hunter to make ends meet after losing her job. The novels in this series have been on The New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal and Amazon bestseller lists. Evanovich has had her last seventeen Plums debut at #1 on the NY Times Best Sellers list and eleven of them have hit #1 on USA Today Best-Selling Books list. She has over two hundred million books in print worldwide, and her books have been translated into over 40 languages. 

 About the Book

Stephanie Plum’s tempting mentor Ranger has come to her for help. Someone is trying to destroy his security company from the inside, and he wants Plum to investigate.

On top of that, Stephanie’s colleague, Lula, has just seen two men decapitate a celebrity chef and the unexpected repercussions are more than Stephanie can stomach. But with a million-dollar reward offered for the killers, she may soon be biting off more than she can chew.

 Book Talk

I love a Stephani Plum book through and through. I think what keeps me coming back is that the humor is always there and it is ever-evolving. The books started in 1994, and this one came out in 2009, and the humor ever moves along with the time, making things feel fresh and relevant. Along the lines of time, everything else evolves too. I remember in the first few books, Stephanie had a car phone, and now she has a cell phone. Social media isn’t a part of the books right now, but we have phones and late 2000’s humor; it’s great.

After all this time, I will say that our characters still make the book, and the series, something that has transcended time. While some may argue that the characters feel at a standstill, I would argue that in a series like this, you may appreciate our characters learning, growing, and developing at a slow-burn rate, but that’s what makes them enjoyable and, just like in life, it’s nice to know who’s going to be on the other side of the page.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see our author describe two people with a Cowboy Bebop shirt and the other in a Final Fantasy shirt. The weeb in me went “aaww.”

Overall, I still find myself wanting to sit down with a Stephanie Plum book and dive into her world. It is always a fun ride that makes me smile, cracks a laugh, and never lets me down with all the shenanigans that come from a Stephanie Plum book. Truly a good series for anyone who loves a little bit of humor, a little bit of mystery, and a pinch of will they, won’t they.

Until next time, Happy Reading! 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manga Monday | Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?!

Book Review: Rounding Home by Sarah Swindell

Manga Review: Yotsuba&! by Kiyohiko Azuma