Rainy Thoughts: NaNoWriMo 2020

Hey Everyone! It had been a while since I wrote a Rainy Thoughts. I have recently gotten into making videos on YouTube. If you haven't checked those out yet, I did a whole NaNoWriMo series, so you can check out my videos at Rainy Books With Amanda

Anyways, NaNoWriMo 2020. It was different. From writing in the middle of a pandemic to writing in the middle of a very intriguing election that took longer than anticipated, it was a whirlwind of stuff. I felt that this NaNoWriMo in particular was the first time I actually had time to write and go through my whole process. If I was stuck, I was able to really think about things, come up with more content, look for advice with my region group and just really focus on my writing. Time is not a luxury that I have had in the past, juggling the challenge and work and even school at one point. This year, I the unfortunate luxury to not be working and having sole focus on my writing. Blessing in disguise as they might say. 

This is the year that I also had a week's worth of writers block. I was able to get out of my writers block, because I had time to think about my subplots, what I could do to improve and getting advice from my region group. I've always been part of a region group, but this year, we had a whole discord community and besides the time, having a place of encouragement and idea bouncing is another factor in helping me get out of my rut and move on. And when I got out of my block, I rushed along in full force with new ideas.

I also filmed my experience almost everyday, which was different but also made me feel accountable. It's easy to miss a day of writing, but when you have this goal to vlog about you experience, you do have this sense of accountability to keep writing and updating and going as far as you can. Even if only 10 people watch your video. 

Overall, I think this was a great NaNoWriMo year despite of everything. I'm happy with my work and I'm excited for you all to read my next book Children of the Garden, that will be coming out sometime next year. Until then, Happy Writing and just being creative!

How was your NaNoWriMo 2020? Let me know in the comments!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Book Review: Rounding Home by Sarah Swindell

Manga Review: Rurouni Kenshin