Book Review: Nine Perfect Strangers

Hello everyone! It has been super sunny here in south Texas, hoping for a rainy day soon. If there was ever a time that I wish I had a pool in the backyard, it would be today as it is 100 degrees. But alas, I thought it would be so convenient having a community pool. Silly me for not predicting a pandemic sooner. ANYWAYS, I have been inside more and I have been reading more. The book I am reviewing today, Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty, I actually started at the beginning of the year. But then I had other reading obligations and other things got in the way and I put this away for a bit. But I was able to pick it up again a couple of weeks ago, so here's my review!




Liane Moriarty is an Australian author. Liane has written 10 books, which includes 3 children's books. She

is best known for her novel, Big Little Lies, which was adapted into an HBO limited series, which went on to win multiple Emmy's. Nine Perfect Strangers is the newest book in Liane's collection and is set to have a limited series of it's own come out on Hulu in 2021.





Nine Perfect Strangers is about nine different people who gather at a health resort. Some to lose weight, some to gain clarity and others just to enjoy getting away. But the health resort's main coach, Masha, is not going to let them take it easy by any means. Amidst all of the luxury and pampering, the mindfulness and meditation, they know these ten days might involve some real work. But none of them could imagine just how challenging the next ten days are going to be.


This is my second book that I read from Liane Moriarty and it is just as good as the last book I read. Nine Perfect Strangers brings together a group of characters that are all completely different and come into the tranquillium house with different objectives, but in the end, have the same goal. Moriarty proves that a big cast of characters does not diminish a story. Though, there was one character I kept forgetting about, but that also could have been because I set it down and picked it back up months later.

Each character is able to tell their story about that they are feeling and they are reacting to everything that goes on during their stay in tranquillium house. There does seem to be main character, Frances, but Liane gives all her characters time to shine. It's really impressive how each character has their talking style. Liane does a great job of making each character's voice in the story unique and not just one narrative.

Like Liane's other book I read, and I'm sure all her books, I was ready for all the twists and turns and I was not disappointed.

Overall, I enjoyed Nine Perfect Strangers and I give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars. It is a little long, but still a good read. I enjoyed learning about these and finding out why they are the way they are. The whole book is a perfect example of how to execute multiple characters at once without overwhelming the reader. If you liked the review, I also have it as a BookTube on my YouTube Channel. Until next time, Happy Reading!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Book Review: Rounding Home by Sarah Swindell

Manga Review: Rurouni Kenshin