Rainy Thoughts: Quarantine Life Week 8

You guys, it has been 8 weeks since I started quarantine(ing) and I am measuring my quarantine by when I started working from home, so that has been a full 8 weeks. It's crazy. Week 8. It has me writing letters to friends and doing renditions of Broadway musicals. For those of you who don't know, I took theatre from middle school to high school and even took a class in college. That was actually going to be my major in college until I came to the realization that if I can't sing, I was not going to make it. So here I am, making my poor furbabies and husband endure my performances.

Quarantine also has me feeling accomplished. I have done quite a lot, and purchased quite a lot, for stuff I've been needing to do and get for the house but just didn't have time or was using the money for something else. But now, I don't have any excuses. My husband and I also have this great cleaning schedule going on and I'm definitely going to miss that once we go back to work.

Quarantine also has me missing everyday life. When I get out of quarantine, I am going to enjoy movies again with popcorn and a spiked Icee. I am going to go to 90's night at Brass Monkey and I'm going to Emo Night at the Paper Tiger and drink that red drink at The Amp Room. I'm going to visit my family and my in-laws in Corpus. And I'm going to take my dog out to the dog park again. And I'm going to plan my next vacation.

But for now, I'm going to continue to stay home (with the occasional walk around the trails). Quarantine has made me appreciate the things and people in my life. I love the feeling of being in a cool room, reading a book, watching YouTube videos, writing and playing Animal Crossing. I love spending time with my husband and our cat and dog. And though we are in a sucky situation, I still love my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Book Review: Rounding Home by Sarah Swindell

Manga Review: Rurouni Kenshin