Book Review: The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

Hello everyone! It's been feeling a lot like Seattle here in Texas. The rain has been non-stop for a week now. I actually really enjoy the rain, especially on the weekends, but as soon as I saw the black slug on my front doorstep, I was over it. I'm ready for some sun!

Anyways, I found Liane Moriarty while I was waiting at a Barnes & Nobles for time to pass for work. I was going through the aisles and one of her other books, What Alice Forgot, caught my attention. I read the first chapter, was hooked, put it back on the shelf because it was time to head to work and that weekend I went to a Half Price Books and didn't find that book, but found this capturing and page-turning book, The Husband's Secret. SPOILER ALERT!



A little of Background

Liane Moriarty is an Australian author. Liane has written 10 books, which includes 3 children's books. She is best known for her novel, Big Little Lies, which was adapted into an HBO limited series, which went on to win multiple Emmy's. The Husband's Secret came out in 2013 and went on to sell well over 3 million copies worldwide and remained on the New York Times bestseller list for over a year. CBS Films currently has optioned the film rights (finger crossed).


The Husband's Secret starts off with a normal, suburban housewife, with 3 kids, husband away on travel, a successful Tupperware business and a nice home. Her life goes down the drain when one day, while her husband is away for work, she finds a letter he wrote years ago that that says for her to open in the event of his death. While this is going on, you meet two other ladies dealing with there own gone astray lives, until towards the end when their existence comes into play.

What was Enjoyable

From the very first page, this book has you on a leash wanting more. Liane takes you directly by the hand and pulls you through a world of crazy, mouth dropping and intense moments. Trust me when I say, you will not fall asleep reading this book.

Throughout the story, the three ladies all talk about the coming down of the Berlin Wall. Any history buff would love this analogy and how it plays out with the lives of these ladies three ladies that had nothing to do with the wall coming down, but still, hold significant importance in a way.

The characters are very relatable. This book may be fiction, but the characters seemed real. they reacted how people in real-life would react. They talk and respond and feel the way you or I would. When an author can make a fake person seem like they live down the street from you, you know they did a good job on characterization.

What was least Enjoyable

I truthfully can't think of anything.

Overall

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book from the first line I read to the very last period. Even though I started reading one of Lian's other books, I knew that whatever book I read from her would be great and would be something I would want to read. She is definitely on my top author's list and any reader will enjoy her book. Can't wait to pick up another one of her books soon.

As always, if you haven't already, check out my own book that you can pick up on Amazon today by clicking the button below. If you aren't following me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, then let's be friends! And until next week, Happy Reading!


Comments

  1. I need to read this book! Not sure when but some time! Thanks for your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listening to this on Audible at the moment. Love Liane Moriarty books x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this a few years ago and still remember it well - I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can get this ebook at the library

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favourite books! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds pretty interesting really

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your book pic and review style. This sounds like a good one -- this author has so many titles I want to read but I haven't ever moved them from TBR to finished. Need to add this one anyhow! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Book Review: Rounding Home by Sarah Swindell

Manga Review: Rurouni Kenshin