Book Review: Big Ten Ones by Janet Evanovich

Hey fellow book lovers! It has been a minute since I have reviewed or even read a Janet Evanovich book. If you are new to my blog, I am a big Janet/Stephanie Plum fan. I have been reading this series for years now and I'm only on the 10th book (technically 11th since I read a Christmas special book). I've been reading a lot of different books by various authors, but there's just something about the winter season that makes me want to read some more Stephanie Plum. Here is my full review on Big Ten Ones by Janet Evanovich.



A Little Bit of Background 


Janet Evanovich is a New York Times Best Selling author for plenty of her works. Her Stephanie Plum series started back in 1994. This book came out in 2004 and follows directly after the 9th book and Christmas special. 

This time, our heroine faces a notorious gang in Trenton who wants her dead. Morelli warns that she's in too deep, and Stephanie more than agrees. But the gang won't let her bow out. With Ranger missing in action, Stephanie has to go into hiding-and stumbles on to the secret location of Ranger's "bat cave." Is it the perfect place to disappear? Or will she get into more trouble than she knows by delving into his private world? The tenth Stephanie Plum novel is filled with Evanovich's trademark high stakes, high adventure, high wit, and sly comedy.


A Little Review

This is another typical Stephanie Plum novel with our main character getting into trouble and someone going after her and she somehow survives it all. Typical Stephanie formula, but it was still very enjoyable. 

If you have read a Stephanie Plum book, I am very much a Morelli fan, but Ranger is a very close, slightly there, second choice. He just seems more of the in and out type, where Morelli has turned into the in and definitely in kind of guy. This 10th book has really highlighted this dynamic and has defined these two characters very well. And even though I am a Morelli fan, I was rooting for Ranger, just slightly and very silently. I mean, how could you not? 

This book is just another great read for anyone looking for a fun, compelling and laugh out loud story. So many funny moments, I felt a little bad for the other people in my work building who were in the tenant lounge while I was reading. It was just too funny not to laugh!

I don't really have any criticism for this book. It is well-written and even though it's the 10th one in the series, Janet still didn't (hasn't) lost it's touched.

Overall

Overall, I recommend giving any Stephanie Plum book a read! I think you should start off from the beginning though, and then you'll be sucked into an on-going series that's full of fun and hookers and mystery! Until next time, Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Book Review: Rounding Home by Sarah Swindell

Manga Review: Rurouni Kenshin